|Petie & I during his visit in May|
You guys probably all remember Peter from his Home Cooking Heroes debut, when he taught us how to make amazing scallops
. Or perhaps you recall him more recently from his podcast on how to make awesome salsa
Well folks, we are in luck once more, as he has shared his photos and recipe on how to make a Tangy Tomato-Chipotle soup with chicken and veggies!!
Unlike normal, I'll put the ingredients list at the top (the full recipe will follow the photos as always):
- 1 qt of tomato purée
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups diced boneless chicken
- Frozen (or fresh) mixed veggies
- 2 Reconstituted dried chipotle peppers
- 2 teaspoons of cilantro purée
- Sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- Salt, black pepper, onion powder, white pepper, oregano
(Peter adds that you can use regular cilantro, but that it tends to stick to your teethy weefys. Howevz, that's up to you!)
The photo post is in Petie Pie's own words:
I like using a heavy enameled pot for soups. Even heating, good for low and slow!